Dr. Gates and Dr. Rutherford go over more information on what to do if you fall off your program. Please enjoy and send us your feedback!
Recipe of the Week
Cauliflower “Fried Rice”
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- Cubed Carrots and Peas, 1 lb frozen package
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Aminos (or gluten free soy sauce)
- 3 eggs whisked (optional)
- cooking oil (coconut or avocado preferably)
- Salt to Taste
- First we need to “rice” the cauliflower. The best way I have found to do this is to put it through a food processor with the cheese grater attachment. Others have used the blade attachment and just pulsed until the pieces were small and looked like rice.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil into a large pot and cook the onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes to soften them up and then add in the cauliflower. Cook on medium heat siring regularly to not burn it.
- Cook the peas and carrots in a pot of boiling water for 5-7 minutes.
- If using the eggs add in 2 tablespoons of oil into a different skillet on medium heat and add in the 3 whisked eggs. Let the eggs cook a little bit before stirring it. Gently stir the eggs as if you’re making a scramble, but make sure the eggs don’t clump together too much. Once the eggs are pretty solid add them to the pot with the cauliflower.
- Drain the carrots and peas and add them to the pot as well.
- Stir everything together adding in the Aminos and salt to taste and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes or until the rice is at the consistency you would like.