Dr. Gates and Dr. Rutherford discuss cold and flu season. Please enjoy and send us your feedback!
Recipe of the Week
With Thanksgiving coming up soon we thought we would dedicate the next few recipes to items that can be served on that day that are mostly friendly on the Power Health diet.
Gluten Free Biscuits
- 1 ½ plus 1/3 cups Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour
- 4 tsps baking powder
- 1 ½ tsps powdered psyllium husk (or Double amount of xanthan gum)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (or you can guesstimate by trying plain gelatin or guar gum)
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 3 tblsps unsalted butter, cut into ¼ inch pieces or coconut oil
- ¾ cup plain whole milk yogurt or goat yogurt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsps veg oil
- 2 tsps lemon juice
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Mix dry ingredients together with a whisk for about 30 seconds.
Mix butter or coconut oil with dry ingredients
In another container mix the yogurt, egg, veg oil, and lemon juice
Pour liquid into dry ingredients and mix. Cover bowl and let batter rest for 30 min.
Set oven temperature at 430 F
Using a 1/3 measuring cup, scoop heaping amount of batter and drop onto prepared cookie sheet.
Bake for 5 minutes, turn baking sheet and cook for 5+ minutes more, depending on your oven. When done, remove from oven and turn out on rack.