Recipe of the Week
French Onion and Garlic Soup (Slow Cooker)
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 onions, finely sliced
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups vegetable broth (gluten-free)
2 cups water
3 Tbsp coconut flour
1 Tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
2 Tbsp fresh thyme
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Sauté onion and garlic with salt and pepper for 4 – 5 minutes stirring occasionally.Transfer onion/garlic mixture to your Crock Pot.
- Stir in the coconut flour and pour the broth, water, lemon juice and thyme. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Transfer soup to a blender and blend until creamy.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings. Add extra lemon juice if you like. Serve hot.