Recipe of the Week
French Onion and Garlic Soup (Slow Cooker)
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 onions, finely sliced
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups vegetable broth (gluten-free)
2 cups water
3 Tbsp coconut flour
1 Tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
2 Tbsp fresh thyme
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Sauté onion and garlic with salt and pepper for 4 – 5 minutes stirring occasionally.Transfer onion/garlic mixture to your Crock Pot.
- Stir in the coconut flour and pour the broth, water, lemon juice and thyme. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Transfer soup to a blender and blend until creamy.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings. Add extra lemon juice if you like. Serve hot.
Love you my amazing Doctors!
Hello Doctors! Thank you for doing this hangout. I admit that I have fallen off my diet due to stresses that have been present in my life for a few months. I chose to eat those foods that I knew would cause me pain simply because it was a survival technique for me. I recently had a birthday and on that day, I was in so much pain that I had to take pain medication to get my body to calm down. For me, it is more motivation to get back on my diet and to stay on it so that I can continue to have the life that I want. I appreciate the tools that are available so when I do fall, I can get back up again.
Thank you and may you have a wonderful Holiday season!